VAE invites area educators and art professionals to do short individual critiques of your work.
The next critique is with guest critic, Thomas Sayre on Thursday, November 16th, from 7- 8:30pm, at VAE.
- The critique session is for 3D, Sculpture, and Ceramic artists.
- Each artist may bring one piece to be critiqued.
- Each artist will have an equal amount of time to present work and receive feedback.
- The registration is $5, which will go to our guest critic for their time and knowledge.
- Space is limited to 12 participants.
Thomas Sayre is a Raleigh based sculptor and painter. He designs and builds public art projects and private commissions all over the world.
Raleigh residents are most likely to recognize Sayre's Gyre (pictured above) at the NCMA and the Shimmer Wall located on the Raleigh Convention Center.
In 1995, Sayre received a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship. In 2014, he was awarded an honorary doctorate of fine arts from North Carolina State University.
Sayre is also a founding principal of the multi-disciplinary design firm Clearscapes, alongside architect Steve Schuster. The team designs numerous civic, educational, museum buildings, and is the force behind Raleigh's Union Station.