Showcasing VAE's Three Dimensional Artist Group!
January 6-26, 2017
First Friday Reception - January 6, 6-10pm
DEPTH is a showcase of VAE's Three Dimensional Artist Group who meet at the gallery the third Thursday of every month at 7pm in VAE's Main Gallery.
This group is a supportive network for artists who explore ideas and techniques and offer each other feedback. Artist are encouraged to bring a current work, but are by no means obligated to. This group is open to anyone who works with a three dimensional medium or would like to. All artists’ groups are free to VAE members and $5 for non-members. Email Theo Feaster If you would like to join the Three Dimensional Artist Group, or call 919.256.6856.
This is a non-juried exhibition with no entry fees. The only requirement is that you have attended at least one Three Dimensional Artist Group meeting by artwork drop-off. The group will meet at the gallery for a film screening on October 20 at 7pm, and will have their regular meetings on November 17 and December 15 at 7pm.
Deliver actual work to VAE December 28-30, 11am-6pm or December 31, 11am-4pm.
(We know this is a busy time of year, if you need to make alternate arrangements, just email Brandon or call 919.256.6856)
ARTWORK INFORMATION FORM - Please use the online entry form to submit artwork details. The online entry form streamlines the process for both artists and VAE staff, is the best way to ensure your artwork's label information is correct, and allows you to upload an image of your piece so that VAE can do more to promote your work! FILL OUT THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM HERE!
Bring your work to VAE..............December 28-31
Exhibition Run………………….….…..January 6-26, 2017
First Friday Receptions….…….….January 6, 6-10pm
Artwork pick-up…………...........……January 27, 11am-6pm or January 28, 11am-4pm
If you are using the online form to submit information about and images of your work, please review these instructions for naming your files:
- All files should be named like so: 01_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, 02_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg.
- Still images should be sent as jpegs should be at least 1000px at their widest dimension, not to exceed 2MB per image. 2D artists may submit one JPEG per entry. 3D artists may submit two JPEGS (one full shot and one detail) per entry. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Video samples should be edited to no longer than 2 minute excerpts. It is strongly preferred that video & audio artists submit their work online through clips or url addresses to online sharing formats like hulu, vimeo, youtube, or dropbox. Videos submitted as uploaded files should be submitted as Quicktime files whose width is no larger than 720px and file size is no larger than 10MB (as that is the largest file eligible for upload on our entry software). Please only submit video art or video documentation of an art piece that requires video to be fully experienced. Do not send video walk-throughs of static exhibitions or video slideshows. While web-hosted submissions are strongly preferred, video and audio samples can be submitted on CD if necessary. Please contact Brandon Cordrey to make arrangements for CD delivery prior to deadline. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Audio: Audio should be submitted as separate MP3 files. Each track should be no longer than 2 minutes. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Web-based: Web-based work should be submitted as a URL listed in the work sample list. Please only submit web-based projects. A portfolio website that features audio/video art and still images will not be considered.
DEPTH is open to any artist who has attended at least one Three Dimensional Artist Group meeting. A maximum of 2 works of any medium, per artist may be submitted. Only three dimensional entries will be accepted. Artwork must fit through VAE’s 104″ x 71″ door to be exhibited. Work must be original and completed in the last 3 years. No copies, mechanical reproductions, molds or kit work will be accepted. VAE reserves the right to exclude work due to size or special requirements. Entries must be hand delivered to the gallery or mailed in a returnable container. Artwork submitted on behalf of an artist requires written and signed authorization from the artist.
VAE’s gallery space is fully accessible and we strive to make the submission process accessible as well. We encourage anyone to enter our open call exhibitions. If you need any additional information or accommodations in order to enter this exhibition or become a VAE member, please email Brandon or call 919.256.6856 for assistance.
Ship artwork using a sturdy, reusable packing materials clearly labeled with your name and telephone number. Do not include return postage in case the artwork sells during the run of the exhibition. Following the exhibition each artist who shipped their work should generate a FedEx label and email it to Brandon so the piece may be returned. Do not use styrofoam packing peanuts. Shipments of artwork will be accepted December 28-31, 2016.
309 W Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
VAE will retain a commission of 30% for VAE members and 50% commission for non-members. If a work is not for sale please indicate with NFS value in appropriate space during registration or on the consignment sheet.
All entries will be handled with the utmost care and respect. VAE is not liable for artwork during transportation to or from the gallery but does carry a blanket inland marine policy that covers most fine art works and craft items up to $5,000. VAE reserves the right to refuse coverage to artwork with inherent vices, high values or that is deemed unstable. By entering into this show, the artist agrees to abide by all rules and regulations as set by exhibition guidelines.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE THREE DIMENSIONAL ARTIST GROUP? Email Theo!
QUESTIONS ABOUT VAE / OUR EXHIBITIONS? Email Brandon!