November 9th – December 21, 2016
First Friday Reception: December 2, 6-10pm
VAE’s annual holiday exhibition is one of the best ways to make your work available for purchase this holiday season! We shift the focus of our exhibition spaces to be more sales oriented in order to put cash in artists’ pockets around the holiday season (okay, we actually send checks, but "cash" is sexier!). This two-month exhibition offers artists the opportunity to replace sold works during the run of the exhibit.
Although the holiday show has always had a size requirement for work, we are doing things a bit differently this year! Works should measure 5"x7", 6"x6", 12"x12", or 16"x20" and should be priced at $300 or less. No media restriction. 2D and 3D works welcome. Non-juried. Open to VAE members! Not a member? You should be! Check out the benefits of joining the VAE family here! Up to two pieces per member. $10 per member (not per artwork)!
Deliver actual work to VAE Friday, November 4th, 11am-6pm and Saturday, November 5th, 11am-4pm.
WANT TO BRING US SOME ORNAMENTS TOO? Click here to view the Deck the Gallery call-for-art!
Please use the online entry form to submit artwork details and pay your entry fee. The online entry form streamlines the process for both artists and VAE staff, is the best way to ensure your artwork's label information is correct, and allows you to upload an image of your piece so that VAE can do more to promote your work!FILL OUT THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM HERE!
$10 per member (not per artwork)
Click here to join VAE!
Bring your work to VAE...............November 4, 11am-6pm - November 5, 11am-4pm
Exhibition Run………………….….…....November 9 – December 21, 2016
First Friday Reception…..…….…...December 2, 6-10pm
Artwork pick-up…………...........……Wednesday, December 28 - Friday, December 30, 11am-6pm and Saturday, December 31, 11am-4pm
To use the online form to submit information about and images of your work, please review these instructions for naming your files:
- All files should be named like so: 01_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, 02_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg.
- Still images should be sent as jpegs should be at least 1000px at their widest dimension, not to exceed 2MB per image. 2D artists may submit one JPEG per entry. 3D artists may submit two JPEGS (one full shot and one detail) per entry. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Video samples should be edited to no longer than 2 minute excerpts. It is strongly preferred that video & audio artists submit their work online through clips or url addresses to online sharing formats like hulu, vimeo, youtube, or dropbox. Videos submitted as uploaded files should be submitted as Quicktime files whose width is no larger than 720px and file size is no larger than 10MB (as that is the largest file eligible for upload on our entry software). Please only submit video art or video documentation of an art piece that requires video to be fully experienced. Do not send video walk-throughs of static exhibitions or video slideshows. While web-hosted submissions are strongly preferred, video and audio samples can be submitted on CD if necessary. Please contact Brandon Cordrey to make arrangements for CD delivery prior to deadline. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Audio: Audio should be submitted as separate MP3 files. Each track should be no longer than 2 minutes. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Web-based: Web-based work should be submitted as a URL listed in the work sample list. Please only submit web-based projects. A portfolio website that features audio/video art and still images will not be considered.
VAE’s Holiday Exhibitions are open to VAE members (Not a member? You should be! Check out the benefits of joining the VAE family here!). A maximum of 2 works of any medium, per artist may be submitted. Two and three dimensional entries will be accepted. Artwork should measure 5"x7", 6"x6", 12"x12", or 16"x20" and should be priced at $300 or less. Work must be original and completed in the last 3 years. No copies, mechanical reproductions, molds or kit work will be accepted. VAE reserves the right to exclude work due to size or special requirements. Entries must be hand delivered to the gallery or mailed in a returnable container. Artwork submitted on behalf of an artist requires written and signed authorization from the artist.
VAE’s gallery space is fully accessible and we strive to make the submission process accessible as well. We encourage anyone to enter our open call exhibitions. If you need any additional information or accommodations in order to enter this exhibition or become a VAE member, please email Brandon or call 919.256.6856 for assistance.
Ship artwork using a sturdy, reusable packing materials clearly labeled with your name and telephone number. Do not include return postage in case the artwork sells during the run of the exhibition. Following the exhibition each artist who shipped their work should generate a FedEx label and email it to Brandon so the piece may be returned. Do not use styrofoam packing peanuts. Shipments of artwork will be accepted October 26-29, 2016.
309 W Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
VAE will retain a commission of 30% for VAE members. If a work is not for sale please indicate with NFS value in appropriate space during registration or on the consignment sheet.
All entries will be handled with the utmost care and respect. VAE is not liable for artwork during transportation to or from the gallery but does carry a blanket inland marine policy that covers most fine art works and craft items up to $5,000. VAE reserves the right to refuse coverage to artwork with inherent vices, high values or that is deemed unstable. By entering into this show, the artist agrees to abide by all rules and regulations as set by exhibition guidelines.
QUESTIONS? Email Kyle!