VAE will be going back in time to the early 1990s when the state of the art technology of the email attachment was invented. Since then it has changed information exchanges in a major way. It also opened doors for an arts organization to receive and accept submissions, free to both artists and organizations, it has allowed for the growth and opportunity.
Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Bing Crosby was one of the first attachments sent by Nathaniel Borenstein--the father of the technology.
This is an open call non-juried exhibition meant to promote artists without you having to actually schlep them down to the gallery! VAE will be accepting submissions through email and printing out the attachments to hang. Along side of the attachments will hang the corresponding emails as artist statements, website, and label information. VAE will use this opportunity to send patrons to artists' websites and foster the sell of the actual work with any interested purchasers.
- To enter fill out entry form and send email with image attachments to email provided in the payment receipt
- Each artist is allowed to submit up to four images total.
- Cost is $5 an image
- Emails should include images (sent as attachments), artist's name, title, medium, date of work, price of artwork, website, and any information you would like to provide about the work such as an artist statement.
- All attachments and emails will be professionally printed by Joseph C. Woodard Printing Company.
- All work must be sized to fit onto a 8.5x11 sheet of paper
- All images must be 300 DPI
- All prints will be sold for $25, ($15 to the artist, $10 to VAE). If you would prefer the gallery not sell a print of your work, please denoted the work as Not for Sale (NFS) on your entry form.
- All artwork is available to be sold.
- If artwork is for sale please include the retail price of the work in body of email (VAE receives 30% for members and 50% non-members)
We would like to thank the Joseph C. Woodard Printing Company for supporting this exhibition.
Deadline for Submission..............11:59pm on December 21, 2016
Exhibition Run................................January 6-26, 2017
First Friday Receptions................January 6-10pm
> Please fill out this Entry Form
If you are using the online form to submit information about and images of your work, please review these instructions for naming your files:
- All files should be named like so: 01_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, 02_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg.
- Still images should be sent as jpegs should be at least 1000px at their widest dimension, not to exceed 2MB per image. 2D artists may submit one JPEG per entry. 3D artists may submit two JPEGS (one full shot and one detail) per entry. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Videos are highly encouraged and will be presented as stills. The full video will be able to be viewed through the Aurasma app. Details of the app can be found here ===> Aurasma
- Audio: Audio should be submitted as separate MP3 files. An Image will need to be provided to use in conjunction with Aurasma.
VAE’s gallery space is fully accessible and we strive to make the submission process accessible as well. We encourage anyone to enter our open call exhibitions. If you need any additional information or accommodations in order to enter this exhibition or become a VAE member, please email Brandon or call 919.256.6856 for assistance. Visit our accessibility page for more information.
VAE will retain a commission of 30% for VAE members and 50% commission for non-members. If a work is not for sale please indicate with NFS value in appropriate space during registration or on the consignment sheet. Click here to join VAE! The Artwork presented in the attachments will be for sale.
QUESTIONS? Email Kyle!