LIVE AUCTION ARTWORK PREVIEW
SILENT AUCTION ARTWORK PEVIEW
DETAILS FOR THIS EVENING:
SPONSOR PREVIEW BEINGS AT 5:45PM
DOORS OPEN TO ALL TICKETHOLDERS AT 6:30PM
We are excited to host our 35th Annual VAE Gala! We hope you will enjoy the evening we have curated for you. We are mixing the typical glamor of our gala and all the fabulous art you have come to expect with an adventurous and raw venue: a former Kmart department store!
Please read the following information carefully because it includes all the information you will need to have a successful evening. Sponsors, please forward to your guests.
1. Tickets - no paper tickets are issued. Your name will be in the registration system at the door. If you are receiving this email then we have your information in our guest system and you are ready to go!
2. Attire - Our gala is a black-tie-optional event, but we encourage creative attire! This is an arts event and your opportunity to be more adventurous with your attire! Keep in mind that the venue is an abandoned Kmart, wear floor-length garments at your own risk!
3. Transportation - there is plenty of open parking at the venue! A reminder that this event does have an open bar and we encourage you to plan ahead and not drink and drive. Please carpool and designate a driver. As an additional incentive to stay safe, our board of directors is providing a Lyft promo code. Use the code VAEGALA2019 to receive $8 off your Lyft ride to or from the gala venue.
4. Directions - The easiest way to get into the parking lot of the venue is to plug the Sears Outlet at 4300 Fayetteville Road, Raleigh, NC 27603 into your GPS. Enter the parking lot at the traffic light, between the Denny's and the construction site. You will see a very bright light in the sky that will help guide you to the correct location. Please enter through the door all the way to the right of the building.
5. The Venue - we are so grateful to Baker Roofing for providing our 2019 venue! The gala is taking place in a 180,000+ square foot building. For your safety and out of respect for Baker's generosity, we ask that you not venturing outside of the clearly marked area designated for the event.
6. Registration - you will be greeted by a Registration Attendant when you enter the venue. You will simply provide your name to check in. At that time we will make sure all of your contact information, including mobile number, is in entered into the system and then pre-swipe your card for mobile bidding.
7. Restrooms - the venue's restrooms are exactly what you would expect for an abandoned Kmart, but cleaner and include accessible stalls.
The evening will be filled with silent and live auctions, craft cocktails, delicious food, interactive art activities, and performances. We are excited to dazzle you with this year's celebration of our creative community!
See you tomorrow evening,The staff of VAE Raleigh
THANK YOU TO OUR FABULOUS SPONSORS!
MARTIN STREET SPONSORS - In 2011 VAE found a home with Steve Schuster yet again, moving into its current location at 309 W. Martin Street.
BLAKE STREET SPONSORS - In 1996 the organization moved to 325 Blake Street in City Market and officially changed the name to Visual Art Exchange.
Martha + Adam Derbyshire
NC Electric Cooperatives
HARGETT STREET SPONSORS - In 1990, the organization moved into a larger space at 112 E. Hargett Street, where Steve Schuster (this year’s honorary chair) was able to offer more space for continued growth.
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Alpha Production Group
The Allen Tate Company
Nancy + Ron McFarlane
Poyner Spruill LLP
Debbie + Larry Robbins
SALISBURY STREET SPONSORS - After four years of having pop-up exhibits at Memorial Auditorium, the association secured its very first permanent home at 126 S. Salisbury Street in 1984.
LGBT Center of Raleigh
The Mahler Fine Art
Park Hospitality Group
Synergy Face & Body
ROUTE 4 SPONSORS - VAE was started as Wake Visual Art Association by a group of artists sitting around Margot Richter’s kitchen table on Route 4 in Wake Forest.
The Bell Family Foundation
Brandon Cordrey + Brent Simoneaux
Cristin Galardi + Rachel Jordan-Galardi
Longleaf Law Partners
Womble Bond Dickinson
Yates, McLamb & Weyher, LLP
FRIENDS OF THE GALA
Kevin Coggins + Becky Smith
Lynda + Jamie Dawson
Sherry Essig + Warren Raybould
Green Heffa Farms
The Hazard Family
Eileen + Mike Hendren
Michelle + David Hile
Nate Humphrey + Brad Johnson
Lucy Inman + Billy Warden
Jenny + Bill King
Lori + Joe O'Keefe
Sally + William Plyler
Pat + Chuck Poe
Carole + Brad Wilson
Deborah Ross + Steve Wrinn
David Schafermeyer + Cecilia Zuvic
Meghan + Michael Thelen
Merranie + Jon Zellweger