SUPPORT > MEMBERSHIP
VAE Raleigh is THE place for artists to get started, learn how to make it as an artist and get to know the creative community. We want you to be a big part of VAE.
A membership to VAE uniquely connects you to the Triangle’s art scene by not only making you eligible for exclusive members-only exhibitions, but also by giving you FREE access to our many educational forums and workshops. We want you to meet other artists, learn, and get to the next level in your career. Come and see us soon!
Artist Membership Levels
- Exhibiting artist ($55)
- Senior 65+ ($35)
- Full-Time Student 18+ ($20)
- Young Artist 18-25 ($25)
- Family/Studio* ($100) *Up to 2 members in the same household or studio.
If you would like to become a member of VAE but the membership fee is a financial barrier, please contact Laken (919.828.7834) today to start a conversation!
- Two non-juried member showcases annually, including To: From:, a cash and carry show at the holidays and a summer members exhibition.
- Featured member exhibitions in The Lab, Launch! Retail Incubator, and VAE Community Exchange Partner venues all year long.
Marketing + Artist Network
- Membership is non-juried and artists are immediately part of VAE’s vast network of artists, educators, patrons and community leaders.
- Exclusive members only programming and networking events.
- Subscription to the weekly e-news, an email newsletter full of artist opportunities, reminders and tips, where you can also post calls for artists, workshops and classes.
Education + Support
- Members can meet with VAE staff to review your resume, artist’s statement, or give you advice about framing and your portfolio.
- VAE offers low-cost lecture and workshop series to artists and members get to register first as well as enjoy reduced rates. Topics include taxes, legal issues, copyrighting, preparing and applying for artist’s opportunities, networking and marketing.
- Artist Groups – Currently, there are 5 artist groups that meet once a month (abstract & contemporary artists, photographers, 3-D artists, metalsmiths and the plein-air painters). These groups offer opportunities for peer review & support, and are free for members.
- Low commissions on sales (30% for members, 50% for non-members.)
- Free attendance to monthly artists’ nights, lecture series and artists’ groups.
- Discounted entry and workshop fees and a 10% off purchases at VAE.